CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We almost have a house!!

Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place. But there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around. ~E.L. Konigsburg


So, yesterday I spent 12 hours in the car all alone... drive one bazillion miles, filled up the gas tank 1.5 times, made thousands of phone calls, all in the name of finding a house to live in in Auburn. I did not anticipate that this task would be difficult, but it was actually much harder than I thought it would be! But.... I think I found one! The trick was finding a decent rental (yes, we're having to rent since this beast in Birmingham still hasn't sold, despite showing three times last week!), that was not trashed by previous college students, that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and that was in a fun location. Yeah, not so easy. I persevered though, and found a cute little house that is really really close to downtown and even closer to the Auburn location of our clinic. I'll only work there for a day here and there, but I could walk there from this house! We also may be able to walk to the stadium for games... woo hoo!! The house itself is cute...not super nice, but doable for the time being. The major downside for me was that it doesn't have a garage or very much storage space, and of course the rent was a little higher than we'd wanted, but in the end, I think we're gonna go with it. I'm almost positive about it!

Here she is....


Yay!!!!!!!

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements in life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. ~Charles Kingsley

0 comments: